Dungeons and Dragons and Donuts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret Contents Maev found

2 posters

Go down

Secret Contents Maev found Empty Secret Contents Maev found

Post by Lifeneedsthingstolive Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:58 am

So these be the notes that Maev found in the study and wanted to share with the party. This first one is the note that she intercepted from the maid standing in front of the study.

'Dear Aunt Algyone,
Who is Lord Latren?
Love, Kaylnn'

Sounds more like a note to self to send.

'To the Lady Kaylnn,
This is your copy of the invoice from recent grocery purchases. All fees are expected to be paid in full by the one delivering this message. We hope that everything is found to your satisfaction.
Signed, Q.P'

'Lady Kylnn,
It was an honor to see you in our small shop, and as requested, I have attached a small sample of the ivory you were looking for. If it pleases you, I can continue obtaining this fine resource; at a small price of course.
I have also sent out my employees to inquire about the wings you have questioned, but I had yet to hear back from them. This process will take several days as there is a bit of a risky trip involved. No worries though, I have the utmost faith in my compatriots and we will not disappoint. We look forward to doing more business with you soon.
Signed, A. Aberson'

'Dear Kaylnn,
Thank you for the wonderful concert last week. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. I hope you didn't part too much of your wine. I think that the investment in Mr. Mistoffelees tapestries are promising, please move forward with the transaction. Also, while you visit the bank, make sure to withdraw twice the amound usual. I'm sure you have questions, but we will discuss this in private. Also, I have acquired an agreeable stock of the new magic makeup for your next party gifts.
Your closest friend, Lady Nulyka'

'Dear Lady Kaylnn,

Our jewel crafters were absolutely thrilled when you brought the stone for them to wrap and mold to your wishes. I must admit, this is the most fun they have had with any project they have been handed, and take extraordinary pride in this work. Because I know how much you love the history behind items, I wanted to share the unique crafting nature of this one. The materials required are said to be of a dwarven metal that can only be found while excavating deep into the mountains. The caravan that sold the ore to us wanted to share this gift to those they knew would wear the jewelry with pride. The slight greenish tint in the metal makes it so unique and eye catching, and will complete your ensemble in court, or on your walkabouts. If you are inquired as to where you purchased such a fine specimen, please sing our praises. We look forward to working with you again.

Sincerely, Tina Zuineduin'

'Dear Constable Darle,
I hope this letter finds you well and relaxed. With this letter, the carrier should also present a cask of Wasp Ale. Also, there should be a second envelope with the ledgers of your tabs with Madam Rose's and Tikka's muysic hall. We have no intentions of handing these documents to Sebastian as we would rather work with a reasonable man. We would like ot have you join my colleague, Tyrus, at the University of Anatomical Science to expand the jail house at Baker Street with a new medical ward, where the university will have the sole right to manage and run in order to fund the University in exchange for medical services paid by the prisoners.
Your newest friend, Kaylnn Orwell.'

Lots of thoughts of course, but here they are folks.

Lifeneedsthingstolive
Admin

Back to top Go down

Secret Contents Maev found Empty Re: Secret Contents Maev found

Post by LaraCooper Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Immediate questions upon reading:

What wings could Kaylnn be searching for that require a dangerous journey?

Who is Lady Nulyka and what kind of tapestries is Mistofiles creating/importing that require investment? Magical items?

Why is Kaylnn blackmailing Darle. What kind of work is she referring to? Why would a University be pairing with a prison? Research to benefit the prisoners, or a population of caged guinea pigs to use for "research"?

VEXING!!!!!

LaraCooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lifeneedsthingstolive Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Potential theories to those questions:

Wings? Magical beasts with wings: Griffons, Dragons, Pegasus?

Mistofiles may be transporting magical tapestries or tapestries that are related to maybe ancient findings or re-tellings of forgotten stories. You know what they say about pictures and words.

I'm not sure if Darle is being blackmailed as much as he's letting things slide to get extra money in his pocket and is involved with a royal of some degree. If we're facing a caged guinea pig situation, things are not going to blow over well between Maev and Darle.

Lifeneedsthingstolive
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum