Dungeons and Dragons and Donuts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The morning after...

Go down

The morning after... Empty The morning after...

Post by Hush Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Hush denies everything, and plays off Mouse's probing questions enigmatically.
"It wasn't me...
"My teachers are the trees and the soft sound of the wind as it rustles their leaves...
"I've read many books, but stories are better! Have you heard the one about the centaur's daughter? Let me tell you..."

As everyone expected, Hush's worldly wealth did not survive the night.
Much of it, surely, was spent on Apple Joy -- the pounding in his head evidenced that. He could also distinctly recall at least three women -- at least one of whom demanded coin from him in what he later learned was a simple misunderstanding similar to the whole unicorn thing, except involving...
Well, anyway, it's unclear how much he spent, because when he awoke the next afternoon, covered in grime, smelling like piss, and tucked into a corner storage room, his coin purse was nowhere to be found.
Outside of the storage room, he found a less than jovial Bartholomew -- it seems he had somehow made it back to the Oversized Cup and into a seldom used storage room without the proprietor's knowledge. However, between Barth's curiousity and Hush's natural charm and charisma, a bargain was soon struck for Hush to perform in exchange for room and board, and perform he did.
That first "performance" was legendary. Think improv Shakespeare mixed with Cirque de Soleil in a performance that lasted just over three hours, during which time the patrons ate and drank merrily, and none left. The next night, many of the same faces had returned, with friends, and by the end of the week Bartholomew had tripled his custom.
Over the following weeks, Hush continued his shows, each outdoing the one before in both scope and complexity. Each night the audience was absolutely enraptured by his tale [and charmed by his Fey Presence.]
Hush began to learn how money worked, and to use his new wealth to buy garish costumes and disguises for his shows. He began to ask around the inn about getting fire effects for his finale... (do they have these? Or fireworks -- simple gunpowder explosives, or do they have magical ones?)

It was sometime during the first week that he found a hastily scrawled note stuffed in with his things. "Lydia is looking for you."
Of course, Hush knew of no creature named Lydia -- but he did know of one particular creature who liked to use false names and play games with him. Indeed, it was ostensibly the very reason he was here!
The very next night he pulled aside a young boy lurking about the inn. He gave the boy a silver piece, saying "Tell 'Lydia' that I'm at the Oversized Cup as she very well knows."
"Who's Lydia," asked the boy?
"How should I know?"
"Well, how am I supposed to find her?"
"Ha! Don't you worry about that, dear sprout! She'll find you, I am certain of that!" Hush assured him.
"And if she doesn't?" The boy was growing ever more doubtful of this arrangement.
"Then tell everyone else! I'm growing quite famous, you know."
The boy took about hard look at the silver piece and backed away nodding.
This same scenario, more or less, took place nearly every night over the following weeks. A few girls came in, saying they were Lydia -- but none of them were Her.

On stage, Hush continued to perform magnificently, and make up for any deficiencies with dazzling illusions and liberal charm. The common room stayed full and drinking, and everyone was happy.
Offstage, he quickly became a disaster. His antics and harassment quickly moved from charming to grating with most of the staff, he pretty much stayed drinking all day, and he even began to harrass customers.
Even to his cloudy perception, it was obvious that his time at the Oversized Cup was coming to a close. Though everyone loved him here (obviously) it was time to take it up a notch. He was too talented in too many ways to continue wasting himself in this little place. He began to plot the next step in this adventure carefully -- he needed real action this time. Not just performing and drinking. Performing and drinking -- and, like, some other, more exciting thing. Killing people, or something. Saving them? Both? Hmm...
He decided to seek out the curious little mouse girl, the one from that first night. She did seem to know a lot about magics; especially compared to the pretty much zero that he knew. Besides, she did invite him to come by, so it seemed as good a place to start as any...

Hush

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum